GIRARD — The Crawford County Commission discussed solar farming, an economic summit, and future business at its regular meeting Tuesday.
1. A solar energy group based in North Carolina is looking at developing property in Crawford County for a solar farm. County Clerk Donald Pyle said the group has proposed investing about $30 million in equipment into the farm. The commission plans to conduct a work session with the group within the next few weeks.
2. The commissioners announced the Crawford County Courthouse will close at 2:30 p.m. Friday.
3. Commissioner Jeff Murphy discussed plans to conduct an economic development summit at Memorial Auditorium. Murphy described the meeting as an effort to educate leaders in Crawford County about economic development tools available to them. A concrete date for the summit has not yet been set.
4. The commission will have a work session to sign March 2018 bills and payroll vouchers at 8:30 a.m. Friday.
5. The commission will have a work session with Internal Medicine Associates representatives immediately after the regular session Friday.
— Brandon Schmitz is a staff writer for the Morning Sun. He can be reached at email@example.com.