Recipe for The Whole Jar of Peanut Butter Cookies
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 egg
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 (18 ounce) jar peanut butter
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup chopped peanuts
1. In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, yolks, and vanilla; mix until fluffy. Stir in peanut butter. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Finally, stir in the peanuts. Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
3. Roll dough into walnut sized balls. Place on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should look dry on top. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to cool completely on a rack. These cookies taste great when slightly undercooked.