Recipe for Barbecued Beef
Prep time 20 Min.
Cook time 10 Hrs.
Ready in 10 Hrs., 20 Min.
* 1 1/2 cups ketchup
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 (4 pound) boneless chuck roast
1. In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, Dijon-style mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Place chuck roast in a slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over chuck roast. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
3. Remove chuck roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to the slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Continue cooking approximately 1 hour.