Mutt Run
Four State Insurance will host the second annual Mutt Run to raise funds for the Southeast Kansas Humane Society.
The 90-mile ride will start at Blue Ribbon, 1103 E. Fourth, with the last bike going out by 11 a.m., and end at the SEK Humane Society animal shelter.
A game of skill will be played at each stop, with the winner receiving 25 percent and the remaining 75 percent of the pay-out will be donated to the Humane Society. Custom T-shirts will be available for purchase at the start of the run. Refreshments will be available on the run, and a grill will be set up at the last stop with food by Custom Cuts.
There will be a 50/50 pot and door prizes given away.  The event will be child-friendly, and cars will be welcome. Anyone needing additional information may call 620-920-0308.

Pittsburg Farmers’ Market
Pittsburg Farmers’ Market will be held from 7:30 a.m. to noon at its new address, 11th and Broadway.
The market will meet on Saturdays, with some Wednesdays and other special days throughout the season as announced.
This will be Kids’ Day. On the third Saturday of each month the Pittsburg Farmers’ Market will provide a free special activity for youngsters at the market. This month the activity will be sponsors by Jillnjerry Family Gardens, which provides a variety of  produce throughout the summer and seasonal crafts, including bird, bat and butterfly houses, wine bottles melted into various items and artwork done using old vinyl records.
Available this week will be  biscuits and gravy, egg salad sandwiches, cremosas (Italian soda-style beverages),  homemade root beer, kale, Swiss chard, green and red romaine lettuce, bagged lettuce mix, spinach, herb plants, hostas, lemon balm, catnip, anise hyssop, chives, sedum, aloe vera, garden plants (tomatoes, peppers and more), chicken and duck eggs, sugar free  pies and fudge, other baked goods, both regular and sugar free, snack mixes, seasoned crackers, chocolate covered marshmallows, craft jewelry, grass-fed lamb including lamb chops, ribs, roast and leg of lamb, Ossabaw hog, traditional pork, beef, homemade soaps, Sweet Heat jams, traditional jellies, low-sugar jams made with Stevia, wine jellies, honey beeswax lip balm, beeswax lotion bars, sugar scrubs, body butters, candles, jewelry, pies, cookies, cinnamon rolls, cakes, coffeecakes, artisan breads, gluten-free products, Kathy Flora’s cookbook, crocheted old-fashioned dish cloths, hair bows (can custom match color or design), painted gourd bird houses and melted wine bottle serving dishes/cutting boards/spoon rests/wall decor. Many vendors will also take special orders.
Shoppers may use credit or debit cards, Vision cards or cash, but shoppers using credit, debit or Vision cards will need to go to the information booth and get tokens that are accepted by all the market vendors. Vision cards may be used only on non-prepared food items.
Pittsburg Farmers’ Market invites musicians, traditional crafters, artists, cooks, grill masters, performers, clubs, groups and non-profit organization clubs to use the market community booth. However, the booth is not available for political figures promoting their elections or their views. Reservations are required to insure that only one group is there to use the booth at any time. Anyone wishing to make reservations or needing additional information may contact Dana Parsons at 620-231-3835.Those wishing more information on the market may go to http://facebook.com/pages/Pittsburg-Farmers-Market/285206420600 and click on the “like” button.

Veterans service officer
Pittsburg American Legion Post 64 will host an accredited veterans service officer from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the post home, 2815 N. Joplin.
Anyone wishing to make an appointment with the service officer may call 231-2240. Walk-ins will also be accepted.

Legion feed
Pittsburg American Legion Post 64 will have a noon luncheon for members at the post home, 2815 N. Joplin.

Scrabble Club
Pittsburg Scrabble Club will meet from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Pittsburg Public Library. Players of all skill levels may participate. Anyone needing additional information may contact Dan Lee, club director, at 620-249-2574.