Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. Head to the movies to see Chloë Grace Moretz star as Cassie in “The Fifth Wave,” a sci-fi adventure rated PG-13. Four waves of increasingly deadly alien attacks have left most of Earth decimated. Cassie is on the run, desperately trying to save her younger brother. As she prepares for the inevitable and lethal 5th wave, Cassie teams up with a young man who may become her final hope - if she can only trust him.
2. There’s still time left to get in on the fun of the Hunt for Happiness Week that ends Jan. 23. Check out the web page of the Secret Society of Happy People (sohp.com) to take the Happy Challenge, join the Happiness in Action Group and to find other ways to celebrate.
3. Talk to your kids about kindness this weekend as No Name-Calling Weeks comes to a close. Inspired by the popular young adult novel “The Misfits” by author James Howe, the week puts a spotlight on name-calling and bullying in schools everywhere and has grown into one of the largest bullying-prevention initiatives in the country.
4. Sunday, Jan. 24 is Global Belly Laugh Day. Celebrate the great gift of laughter on Jan. 24 at 1:24 p.m. (local time). Smile, throw your arms in the air and laugh out loud. On this day, laughing and smiling are encouraged and celebrated!
5. What in tarnation! On Jan. 24 commemorate the 1848 discovery of gold in California by participating in “Talk Like A Grizzled Prospector Day.” All ya gotta do is talk like a grizzled prospector, dagnabbit!
More Content Now