Five things to know about Tuesday’s Pittsburg City Commission meeting:
• Approved “restaurant hours” for local bar and grills which do not meet the 60 percent food sales threshold to allow patrons under 21 to enter. The new rule allows persons under 21 to enter a bar and grill between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m.
• Approved a $100,000 loan at no interest from the economic development revolving loan fund to the Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas for renovations to a building at 3101 C. North Michigan to house an outpatient substance abuse treatment program. The loan is to be repaid within three years.
• Approved a one-time injection of $4,500 from the economic development revolving loan fund to ArtForms Gallery LLC to assist with renovating a classroom at 620 N. Broadway.
• Approved the recommendation to contribute $100,000 from the economic development revolving loan fund toward the city’s 2016 total anticipated cost of approximately $300,000 for primary trunk lines for broadband infrastructure within the city.
• Approved hiring Angelou Economics to utilize $70,000 from the economic development revolving loan fund to conduct target industry analysis and develop a business recruitment strategy for the city.