PITTSBURG — The fire at a double-wide modular home in east Pittsburg on Thursday was believed to have started in the laundry room, according to Baker Township Fire Chief Mike Ryan.
The Baker Township Fire Department was called by a neighbor to 1018 South 190th Street around 4:30 p.m., Ryan said. The neighbor witnessed smoke coming from the house after the homeowner left for food with the dryer running, he said.
“We think it is electrical in nature somewhere by the dryer,” Ryan said.
He said the home was a total loss, but no one was injured. The home was insured and the homeowner is being assisted by family.
Baker Township was assisted by Sheridan Township and Crawford County EMS.
— Michael Stavola is a staff writer at The Morning Sun. He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @MichaelStavola1.