Five things to know about Tuesday’s Pittsburg City Commission Meeting.
• Approved the purchase of tactical protective equipment for the Pittsburg Police Department’s Special Response Team in the amount of $45,798.
• Approved a memorandum of understanding between the city, the PPD, the Crawford County Attorney’s Office and the Crawford County Commission to provide funding for an additional Assistant County Attorney and one support staff member to prosecute felony and civil forfeiture cases in Pittsburg. The new ACA would prosecute drug cases investigated by PPD.
• Heard a report on new search and rescue equipment and vehicles the Pittsburg Fire Department received from the Department of Homeland Security, and:
• Accepted the comprehensive annual financial report from the city’s auditing firm, and:
• Approved a licensing agreement and a service agreement with OpportunitySpace Inc. for web-based software for the purpose of listing, managing and analyzing real estate owned by the city.