1. Crawford County Health Officer Rebecca Adamson gave a presentation about measles and measures that can be taken to prevent a measles outbreak in Kansas. No cases of measles have been reported in Kansas in 2019, but there have been cases in several other states including Missouri.
2. County Health Department Executive Administrator Rick Pfeiffer addressed the commission to discuss progress on plans for a new Addiction Treatment Center and the Health Department’s effort to secure funding from various sources for the center.
3. Commissioner Bruce Blair brought up the topic of a grader blade demonstration planned for 10 a.m. on Wednesday which will take place at multiple locations in the county to see if the grader blades will work to resolve the kinds of issues the county has been having.
4. Under the topic of future business, Commissioner Tom Moody announced that the commission will have a work session with representatives from the Kansas Department of Transportation and Earle’s Engineering & Inspection, Inc. to discuss the Crawford County Sewer District #2 force line relocation project.
5. Commissioner Moody announced several other upcoming events and dates including the 2019 Pittsburg Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet at 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 16, a Southeast Kansas District County Officials Meeting hosted by Neosho County at Erie High School at 9 a.m. on May 21, the closure of the county courthouse in observance of Memorial Day on May 27, and the filing deadline for candidates for upcoming elections on June 3.