1. Councilmembers LaDonna Pyle and David Hogard were not at the meeting.
2. The council approved the appointment of Councilmember Pat Clinton as council president.
3. The council approved changes to the city’s lot size regulations, including increasing the distance of minimum setbacks from 6 feet to 10 feet, with an exception for corner lots.
4. The council voted 5 to 1 — with the one opposing vote from Councilmember Marc McCully — to approve spending $400 for an advertisement in the Pittsburg Area Chamber of Commerce map and resource guide.
5. In his regularly scheduled report to the council, City Administrator John Zafuta addressed the recent finding by Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt’s office that the city violated the Kansas Open Records Act last year. “They did find that the staff unintentionally violated the law due to policy and training issues,” Zafuta said. “I do believe staff did the best that the staff could do at that time.”