1. No one spoke during the meeting’s citizens’ forum.
2. City Administrator John Zafuta noted in his report to the council that the city would be putting out a proposal for financing an amount of $358,200 for a refurbished fire truck. The council approved purchasing the truck, which is currently in Alabama being repainted, last year.
3. Zafuta also brought up the subject of the city’s need to make various improvements to its sewer system. The council discussed the issue further, noting that the sewer work is likely to be expensive. Zafuta said the best option the city has seen so far would require it to more than double its annual sewer budget.
4. The council had two executive sessions, one for five minutes to discuss attorney-client privilege matters and one for 10 minutes to discuss non-elected personnel matters.
5. Following the second executive session the council unanimously approved hiring JoLynn Hite as court clerk.