1. The Pittsburg Police Department was presented with a platinum-level 2019 Community Traffic Safety Award from AAA Kansas.
2. The commission heard a presentation about infrastructure work being done which relates to the Silverback Landing housing development. Pittsburg resident Bill Strenth also discussed concerns about the work during public input.
3. Other public input comments included discussion of transparency issues and executive sessions, as well as comments from Michelle and Doug Sellars asking the city to reconsider its $5,000 fee to operate fireworks sales tents in late June and early July.
4. The commission approved a development agreement with Shane Kannarr for the Payton's Hamlet Rural Housing Incentive District and a recommendation of the Planning Commission/Board of Zoning Appeals for the short form plat submitted by Rod Zinn, of Cornerstone Regional Surveying, LLC, on behalf of Shane and Amy Kannarr, for the platting of the property located at the North end of the existing Deer Run Lane.
5. Director of Finance Jamie Clarkson presented the bi-monthly budget review.