1. The council held a special meeting via teleconference after cancelling its last regularly scheduled meeting because of concerns about COVID-19. The meeting was recorded and the recording will be posted online in the near future.
2. The council approved a generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) waiver, which City Administrator John Zafuta said is a routine resolution that the council passes annually.
3. Following a motion by Councilmember LaDonna Pyle and a second by Councilmember Lynn Grant, the council unanimously approved a resolution outlining the city’s procedures for complying with Kansas Open Records Act (KORA) requests.
4. Following a motion by Councilmember Mike Snow and a second by Councilmember Tom Sighel, the council unanimously approved a loan agreement with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment for up to $12,034,822 at 1.81 percent interest over 30 years to pay for improvements to the city’s water system.
5. Under council members’ comments at the end of the meeting, Snow said the city should come up with a plan to recognize the Frontenac High School class of 2020 because of the ongoing coronavirus crisis, which Snow said is likely to continue through their final months of high school and disrupt events including their spring sports season, prom and graduation ceremony. Several other council members said they agreed.