1. The commission heard updates about efforts to deal with the coronavirus pandemic from county officials including Health Department Director Rebecca Adamson, Sheriff Danny Smith, Emergency Medical Services Director Randy Sandberg, and Mental Health Center Executive Administrator Michael Ehling.
2. Deputy County Clerk Bobbi Wicker presented the March 2020 county clerk’s report, which was approved by the commission.
3. The commission approved an asphalt agreement with Heckert Construction Co., Inc. The county is partnering with the City of Pittsburg on the agreement.
4. County Counselor Jim Emerson asked the commission to extend restrictions on public access to the courthouse in Girard through April 19, when Gov. Laura Kelly’s stay-at-home order is set to expire. The commission approved extending the courthouse restrictions, which were previously set to expire April 6.
5. Emerson also requested two executive sessions to discuss attorney-client privilege matters, for 30 minutes and 20 minutes, respectively, to discuss landfill negotiations and wind farm agreements.