Recipe for Cake Balls
Prep time 40 Min.
Cook time 30 Min.
Ready in 1 Hr., 10 Min.
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
* 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
* 1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating
1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
3. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.